Monday, November 9, 2015

A 5K and Not Giving Up!

Good Day Pudgy Girl Followers!

  How are you? Have ya'll been well? I pray that is so. This last Saturday, I ran the SHHS Early Bird 5k, 2015 for the sixth time. I've lost track, but I believe since I began this journey of physical and spiritual fitness that makes my 13th or 14th 5k race. I run to push myself and stay active. I do not race competitively, I simply sign up to do 5k's so I keep running every week with a goal in mind, oh and for the t-shirt of course!
  For any new readers I'll recap, In September of 2009 I embarked on a mission to lose weight and find fitness. At that time I weighed 260 lbs and was 273 lbs. (pregnant with my son) at my heaviest. I went from 260 lbs down to 163 lbs in the next year. Losing 97 lbs has been a wonderful struggle of self discovery, and I will always struggle with food and weight issues. I know that. I have used no magic program, I just count my calories faithfully, staying between 1200-1400 per day and try to exercise 3 or more times a week. Since my weight loss, I've had a third baby, and gained about 60 lbs with that pregnancy, That caused a lot of stress and concern. After having the baby, I lost 20 lbs and have been struggling up and down with the last 40 lbs for three years now. Ugggg! It's been a lot harder to lose the weight since I'm getting older, however, I am still working at it. I took a break from running for awhile, and now I'm finding I am enjoying it again. My 5k times are terrible, and it feels like starting over, but the key here is I'm not giving up I will keep putting in the miles and counting the calories all the way back down to 160 lbs. (my goal weight)! I won't give up because the prize is worth the effort!
  As I put time and effort into my physical fitness, I am constantly working on staying spiritually fit. My prayer life is a daily and sometimes constant source of encouragement from my Heavenly Father. After all, prayer is our communication and conversation with the Savior. It also holds in it such power as we can not humanly understand. I have different facets to my prayer life, and one of the most important privileges I have as a Mother, is praying for my children. Not just a privilege, but a responsibility to pray for their very souls, lives, health, spiritual growth, protection, understanding, etc. It is our jobs as parents to be the proponents of prayer for our children. It is also our job as parents to lead by example.
  You can't give away what you don't possess. If you don't know the Savior in a personal relationship, you can't effectively witness for Him and pray for others. Your prayers will not be effective for a couple of reasons:
1. Unconfessed sin separates us from God, so that He will not hear.
“Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities (sins) have separated you from God; your sins have hidden his face from you so that He will not hear” Isaiah 59:1-2

2. We don't really believe God can answer them.
“But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does” James 1:6-8

  I don't want to get too theological or "deep", I just want us to arm ourselves with the truth. The truth is we need to pray daily for our kids. The truth is in order for our prayers to be effective, we must be right with the Lord ourselves. Let's go to battle friends, and use prayer as our weapon against the enemy. Let's be in the Word of God daily so we are filling our minds and hearts with the power that comes from the Bible.
  Like we must work to stay fit physically, we must work to stay spiritually fit as well. Let us not give up on reaching our goals. The goal is always worth the effort! Lord, bless you friends as you strive toward health!

In His Service,
Pudgy Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment