Monday, July 7, 2014

A New Bible

   I'm so bad a blogging regularly.  I haven't posted since September 2013.  Sheeps! Da's a long time ago. Well, as I strive to mature and grow spiritually, and attain physical fitness, I may need to share more regularly.  I have mentioned before that I find a great motivation in public accountability.  In fact the Bible calls us, as Christians to be accountable to one another see Proverbs 27:17, Galatians 6:1-2, James 5:16.



   Since September '13, I have ran in two 5K events and my sweet Terry ran the most recent event with me.  It was the most enjoyable race I've ever participated in simply because my best friend ran beside me, encouraging and pushing me the whole way. My times have not been personal bests, but they have not been my worst time either.  I'll keep striving to move, walk, run, & pedal my way to physical fitness.  The next 5K I've chosen to train for is going to be the 5K of a lifetime!  It is combining my two favorite things, Southern Gospel music and running.  That's right, this year at National Quartet Convention, they are hosting the first ever Southern Gospel Music 5K!  I'm so looking forward to September 27, 2014 and running this event.  This is serious motivation for my training! 






   On my 10th birthday, my Grandpa and Grandma Oathout gave me the single most important gift a child can receive, my own Bible.  As of the time of this blog post, I am 38 years old, and I have used that red leather NIV for 28 years.  A few months ago, the cover of that precious Bible tore almost completely off after much use and too many years of stuffing thick papers in the cover.  I have since been using my online Bible on both my phone and tablet.  I decided that my devotions would benefit from going back to using a physical book Bible, so I went in search of a different Bible in our bookshelves.  Having chosen a nice NIV couples devotional Bible, I turned through the pages to see that I hadn't used this particular Bible in at least 5-10 years.  There was a special surprise I found in the pages of this book.  I found a homemade Mother's Day bookmark given to me by my oldest child Taylor Jewel, when she was 3 years old.  It made my day!  It really did. I felt like it was a gem for my day, sent to me by my Heavenly Father saying to me, "It's fine to use a different Bible other than your favorite, the point is, just be in My word everyday, Melissa."  







   In Acts 21:10-14, the Bible speaks of a man with the gift of prophecy, correctly foretelling the future imprisonment in Jerusalem, of Paul for the sake of the Gospel.  The other believers begged him not to go ahead and journey to Jerusalem, for they feared for his life and freedom.  However, Paul rebuked his friends, saying he was ready to be jailed or even die for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He said "The Lord's will be done."   After reading this, I immediately thought, is my faith even half this strong?  Or have the strongholds in my life come to bind me so that I can't say and mean, God's will be done in all things in my life??  Oh my prayer today be the prayer of Paul, Thy will be done in me oh Lord, let me not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but to go into all the world proclaiming the good news of salvation in Jesus!







   This pudgy girl will keep working to train for my ultimate SGM 5K, lose these last 40 lbs, draw closer to the Lord, and live in His will for my life!  Wanna go for a walk, run or bike ride??  Do you need prayer or an accountability partner??  Call me, I want to help you however I can.   Improving oneself is a lifetime journey we walk hand in hand with Christ Jesus our Lord.





-Prayerfully Yours,



Pudgy Girl




Psalms 104:33


1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts, as I get to see the world through your eyes for a moment. I am so thankful the Lord brought us together. I am proud and blessed beyond measure to be able to call you my best friend--Special Someone and most importantly, my wife and mother of our children.

    You inspire me daily to reach for new heights, and to live in a way that will help me be healthy, happy, and grateful every day for having you in my life.

    Keep on writing--you do it so well. I can't wait to read the next one!

    All my love eternally~

    ReplyDelete