Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Request Granted

Good Day Pudgy Girl Followers,

   First order of business today, physical fitness accountability. I've notice how hard losing weight has become since having my third baby.  Nearly two years after having her, I'm still staring down my last 40 lbs to lose.  I'm also older, maybe that is a contributing factor.  I've messed with my calorie intake and I think I'll carefully cut an extra 300 calories out of each day for a couple weeks to see how that goes.  I'll keep you informed on my progress.  Training has become a little bit slower with the return of the high temperatures and humidity.  However, we're still getting it done.  It's been wonderful having my sweet Terry running with me.  He is such an encouragement. Now, on to the spiritual fitness accountability.
   Have you ever really considered if you were granted any request of your choosing, what would you choose?  Of course you've thought about it, we all have.  I have often felt and said, if I could have anything, I'd want to have my house paid off, be completely debt free, take an exotic family vacation, have a new Prevost bus to travel in.  How about you?  In 2 Chronicles 1:1-3  King Solomon pleased the Lord in his obedience and offerings and the Lord said to him, 7..."Ask for whatever you want me to give you."  Do you know what that king asked for?  He asked for wisdom and knowledge to lead his great people.  Wow! How very unselfish and kind.  The Lord of all the universe was impressed, in fact He was so please with Solomon that he granted his request. Because Solomon was so unselfish in his request, the Lord chose to grant him wealth, riches and fame as well as wisdom and knowledge.  I read that chapter today and I felt conviction of selfishness.  I want to be like Solomon, eager to be a good leader and steward over what God has entrusted me.  The job He's called me to do.  I pray the Lord helps me be the best servant that I can be, and not a selfish wish maker.  Now, after hearing about Solomon, what request would you ask God to grant you today?  

Serving til Jesus Comes,
Pudgy Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment